Framing and storytelling
- Make the creative bureaucracy connection clear! Especially if you’re not a public servant yourself, how were creative bureaucrats involved in your project? Could they feature in your video? How does your project demonstrate bureaucracy “thinking, planning and acting with imagination”?
- Craft a strong story that others can relate to and learn from: Give concrete examples! What was the problem / opportunity? What was your creative solution and what hurdles did you overcome? What did you learn through the process? Where are you planning to take things next?
- Experiment, have fun and be creative! Some of the best talks we have seen include elements of surprise, play around with different forms of media, and deliver unexpected content and presentations. This is your stage – use it to deliver a talk no-one will forget!
Consider the audio / visual quality of your environment:
- If recording in front of a laptop/computer, make sure you record your video in a well-lit, quiet space.
- If recording on location, we strongly recommend using a microphone and image stabiliser to maximise video quality.